Silver Springs, NV 89429
Event Information: (775) 577-2111
Airport Information: (775) 577-2111
Flight Operations: (775) 721-7695
The Lyon County Fly-In is a non-profit group incorporated in the State of Nevada. We were granted a tax-exempt status under section 501 (a) of the Internal Revenue Code as an organization described in sections 501 (c)(3). Our Tax ID is 75-3066527.
Lyon County Fly-In was formerly known as the Fernley Fly In and Air Fest. The Fly-In was previously located at Tiger Field in Fernley, Nevada. We have grown so much in the last several years that we outgrew our own home. The Silver Springs/Lyon County Regional Airport has recently been expanded and renovated with a paved runway and expanded paved ramp area and taxiway. Associated instrument approach will be added. This airfield gave us the chance to expand our horizons and become the largest single event in Lyon County. We are incorporating all the communities in the county. Our event will continue to expand and grow in the coming years. Aviation events have the tendency to grow at phenomenal rates. We expect to have over 5000 people attend our event this year.
- Support aviation and education through the “Young Eagles” program. Provided by the Experimental Aircraft Association, Chapter 1073, youth age 8 to 17 are given an opportunity to have their first flight in a small plane and interact with the pilot.
- Support the armed services by giving them a chance to interact positively with our attendees.
- Offer a forum to showcase Lyon County and attract visitors to the area. Lyon county is the second fastest growing area in Nevada and has much to offer visitors and businesses interested in our communities.
- Offer a forum for various businesses to showcase themselves, their products and all that they contribute to the community.
- Offer a forum for the many other non-profit organizations in Lyon County to earn funds for their many worthwhile projects.
- Promote aviation.
- Provide a weekend of family fun for the residents and visitors of Lyon County.